Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Quiett "AMBITIQN' Interview - BoA parts



Q: Last year you did a collaboration work with 'BoA'. In a way it can be seen as an unusual connection, how did it work out?
A: That job came about simply . At that time SM had a promotion for Hyundai cars and they needed a musician to rap in BoA's and Jessica's (of Girls' Generation) music. So the A&R in-charge of SM recommended me and we had a negotiate. It worked out like that.


Q: I heard that you have been BoA's fan for a while(laugh)
A: Yes, that's right. Honestly I don't have much interest in the pop music industry. I don't actually now that much about BoA's music, but somehow the feeling was good so I liked her since high school.(laugh)


Q: Then it must have been pretty fun working on this.(laugh)
A: But we were not able to record together. When the song completed recording, I was overseas with Dok2(/trans note: another Korean rapper who featured on PYL album). So as soon as we returned to Korea I did my individual recording, not long after the song was released, we did the performance at Hyundai's promotional event then did we meet.


Q: Did the standard of the piece satisfy you?
A: Yes, I did it with no burden. Fortunately the other party did not have any special requests. For example, having to write lyrics to suit the advertising style, there was nothing like that and so I worked on this with a peaceful mind.


translation credits therlynn
Please take out with FULL and PROPER credits
original article http://hiphopplaya.com/magazine/10622

note: non-BoA related parts have been omitted

No comments:

Post a Comment