Friday, May 17, 2013

[trans] Dong-A News 100 People


Reason for recommendation:
A singer-cum-producer whom we can look forward to 10 years later. She debut in year 2000 with her first album ‘ID:PEACE B’. Although she succeeded as a first generation Hallyu singer, it is predicted that she will go beyond being a singer and unleash a huge influence on hoobae singers in future as a producer. Her exceptional producing abilities was displayed SBS ‘K-pop star’ is anticipated to be a driving force in the spread of K-POP worldwide.

Q. Are there any dreams you wish to fulfil or how do you see yourself to be 10 years later?
A. Even after 10 years, I wish to still be active as an entertainer in Korea and abroad. Also, through the program KPOPSTAR going through the growth process with participants, I think that it will be meaningful to become a producer who trains newbies.

Q. What do you think are things you can do to fulfil your goal 10 years later, and what are the points where Korean society needs to improve on?
A. I hope the system of protecting the rights of singers and creators can be strengthened, in order to be able to do music activities freely in a better environment.

Q. Everyone has a figure who they admire. Who would you like to be like and why?
A. I think as a singer everybody would like Michael Jackson. He created dance moves that are unique to him and even created a music genre. While I respect him to the point I dare not say I want to become Michael Jackson, I want to become like him.

Q. Do you think any of your past education helped you become where you are now? Also, if you have kids how would you like to educate them?
A. I think a big part was because the nature of this job is not an environment where I was forced and could express myself freely. Living abroad helped to broaden my perspectives. I think I developed the useful ability to exercise judgement as I entered the workforce at a young age.

Q. Up to this point, please share what are the decisive turning points of your life, and moments which you can never forget.
A. The time when I debut in Korea, and when I topped the Japanese Oricon charts as a Korean singer are major moments I can never forget. I think singers from Korea began to give greater meaning to promoting in foreign markets after I topped the Oricon chart.

Q. In the industry, through fair competition, was there a strong competitor who motivated you to improve, and how did you think that competitor motivated you?
A. Every time I go on stage with the thought to present the best stage of my life. And so the competitor whom I always have to overtake is myself. Be it my performance, or a record I set, to exceed it is the key to my motivation.

Q. Please share if there is a principle unique to you which will help keep you on track to achieve your goal 10 years later.
A. The very best that I can do every moment, let’s beat that.


translation credit therlynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment